We're So Close

A True Exodus...

This morning I found myself in the book of Exodus and WOW! It is amazing if you read the first Exodus the similarities are literally like a blueprint that not only shows you what we are walking through but also how very close we are to DELIVERANCE. Woo hoo! What is the big difference? It's all much bigger, much grander, and not just one Country being affected, but our entire world is being delivered this time.

If you are one that hasn't really been in the word a lot and you don't know the real story of the Exodus, I encourage you to get out your Bible, dust it off, and read this fabulous account of how after 430 years God delivered His people the Israelites from a tyrannical Pharaoh and one of the strongest countries in its day with a massive Army called Egypt. Note that Egypt has never recovered and never been known as the strongest or greatest nation ever again. In fact, it has been prophesied recently that they will rise up and try to exalt themselves again because of all the turmoil in our world today, but God has said He will put a stop to it very quickly and they will be embarrassed that they even tried. 

Most people know the story. Many have even seen the old movies, but please ALWAYS be aware that if you've seen a movie, you aren't necessarily seeing the truth. The ONLY way you will get the truth is by reading God's word. If you refuse to do that then God Himself cannot reveal Himself to you or help you. You will flounder in a difficult world because you are not willing to read the instructions. What do I mean by that? Do you know someone who buys something that needs to be put together and they open it up to all these large pieces, small parts, etc... and then they throw the instructions to the side thinking they are so smart that they can figure it out on their own? I don't like the instructions. I'd rather figure it out, but I've learned through time that the instructions are there for a reason and if you do it on your own you might find yourself having to take it apart and redoing it because you missed it somewhere. I realize to some this doesn't make sense, but my point is if you are not willing to read the manual/instructions then you simply float along never knowing what is wrong, what you could have done differently, where every part was really meant to go, etc... 

The kids' books and old movies do not necessarily depict the Exodus exactly right. Often times many things are left out and even if you have a favorite movie about the Exodus, I'm sure you didn't see the waters congeal (Exodus 15:8) as I mentioned in my last blog. You may or may not have seen the children of Israel after 430 years of poverty and bondage leaving Egypt with their neighbor's gold, silver, jewels, and more simply because they asked. Yep, you read that right. Look at Exodus 12:36 And the Lord had given the people favor in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they granted them what they requested. Thus, they plundered the Egyptians.  This was very literally a wealth transfer.

Looking at the patterns and blueprints...

This morning I opened up my Rumble to see what Julie Greens' prophetic word was titled. For those of you who have not been paying attention when I send out my weekly Prophetic Monday, I hope you will now. The title is given to her by the Lord and is a prophecy within itself. Today's word is called 'A Darkness is Coming That No Man Can See'. This is what I mean by a pattern or blueprint that God is sharing. Will everything be the same? No, of course not. God is dealing with a much bigger world today, but we can take from things that have been done before and see what God might be doing today. I think it is important to share this scripture to help you understand as I continue this blog post.

Ecclesiastes 1:9
That which has been is what will be, That which is done is what will be done, And there is nothing new under the sun.

My point is things repeat. God does have things that He has done before that if we are truly looking, we can see Him in again. An example might be the Red Sea parting, but something similar did happen again in Joshua 3 which people rarely preach on or even share only because the Red Sea was bigger, but now Moses is dead, and God is showing that Joshua is their new leader. This was God taking His people into their promised land. Look at Joshua 3:13 And it shall come to pass, as soon as the soles of the feet of the priests who bear the ark of the Lord, the Lord of all the earth, shall rest in the waters of the Jordan, that the waters of the Jordan shall be cut off, the waters that come down from upstream, and they shall stand as a heap.” My point is the waters parted for God's people again under Joshua.

Looking at the plagues of Egypt...

What caught my attention immediately was the ninth plague. What was the ninth plague? It was Darkness beloved. I knew I had to share this because IT IS SO IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO GET the good news. Now of course if you aren't a child of the King it might not be the news you want to hear, but for those of us who are born again and connected to our Father in Heaven, it is great news. Let's look at the ninth plague and then I will go forward and even a little backward. In Exodus 10:21-23 we find

The Ninth Plague: Darkness

21 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Stretch out your hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, [adarkness which may even be felt.” 22 So Moses stretched out his hand toward heaven, and there was thick darkness in all the land of Egypt three days. 23 They did not see one another; nor did anyone rise from his place for three days. But all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings.

I recently shared with you about this very thing, but we must realize dear ones, that we are not the evil ones. We are not the ones that God is after. God treats His people differently. He protects them, He covers them, and He shows the difference between His children and the children of the world. Did you see it? Did you read what I read? In the later part of verse 23, we find But all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings. Now how will that happen? I don't know. I don't profess to be some super spiritual person, but I know that God can do anything. Will Believers still have electricity while others don't? I have no clue, but wouldn't that be great for refrigerators? lol, Will we be smart enough to have kerosene lamps, flashlights, and batteries when others are clueless? Again, I do not know, but I do know that I won't have to experience the darkness the way that the rest of the world will, and you don't have to either.

Looking ahead in Exodus we find that the tenth plague is death. Have I not been adding a death list in my prophecy-fulfilled e-mails? Why am I doing that? I am not happy about the deaths. I am not rejoicing over this. Of course not. It is heartbreaking that any of this is going on, but we must understand scripture.

In His Image,

Sheryl L. York


    Comments

    Popular Posts

    My Second Eagle Dream - March 19, 2024

    The Eagle Dream - November 14, 2022

    Have you ever tried to help God? Blog