A Conversation with the Lord...



Recently I woke up early in the morning hearing these words...

Matthew 25:40 NLT

‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’

I think most people read through chapter 25 of Matthew pretty quickly, and more often than not, they believe that this is speaking of what you do when you see a homeless person or whether you visit someone in prison. Jesus gave these as examples, but many take them literally. In fact, there are countless Ministries built around these scriptures, but for me this kind of turned into a conversation with the Lord because I knew right away that He wasn't telling me I wasn't doing enough. He wasn't telling me I wasn't giving enough of my time, talent, or money. He was telling me something that surprised me, and so I felt to share it because it may surprise others as well.

What is this truly about? To me, Jesus makes it clear that there are only two categories of people. There aren't 3, 4, or 5. There are 2 and only 2. But wait, you might say, I know countless people who help the homeless, give to the needy, clothe the naked, and stop along the road to help the homeless or give a glass of water, but will they all enter in? The answer is no, they won't. I think one thing that brought this to my attention is that my youngest daughter is such a kind and giving person, but her spiritual life keeps her far from God. In fact, she is one who believes that you don't have to believe in God and still feels it is perfectly fine to reject Jesus. This, however, is what she and countless others don't understand. Just because you see yourself as a good, helpful, and giving person, and maybe others do too, doesn't mean that is what God is looking at. Our Father doesn't simply see us after our own goodness or self-righteousness. His word says...

Isaiah 64:6 NLT

We are all infected and impure with sin. When we display our righteous deeds, they are nothing but filthy rags. Like autumn leaves, we wither and fall, and our sins sweep us away like the wind.

It will never be your goodness or good works that He is looking for. No beloved, He is looking for those who want a relationship with Him, believe in what He sent His Son to do through His death, burial, and resurrection, and accept His Holy Spirit into their lives to teach them how to bring His Kingdom to earth. One thing I think many in Religious Institutions don't get is that if you reject the Holy Spirit, you are rejecting God. If you reject Jesus, you are rejecting God. There are no two ways about it. God is a triune being. You cannot separate Them, yet They also have the ability to work individually in God's children and in our world.

Matthew 28:19 NLT

Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

So, when I woke up, I immediately heard Matthew 25:40 about what I'd done to the least of these. We can miss things at times if we believe we've read something or heard something over and over, but this time I heard it differently. I have been working on my own relationship with the Lord and learning to spend time with Him every morning, which is a good practice for anyone, but this time I heard it differently. I asked the Lord what He was trying to tell me regarding this chapter.

He answered: You have been taught to believe that in this I am speaking of what you are not doing or what you should not leave out when serving Me, but I say to you today that I am also speaking here of your own family. Your husband is not just your husband. He is also a brother in Christ. Your daughters are adults now, and so they are not just your children. If you have trained them up in Me, they are now also your sisters in Christ. Doesn't your family need a glass of water? If someone in your family was homeless, would you open your door? Are you ignoring the fact that your family is hungry? Are you willing to take care of a sick family member, or has it become a burden rather than a privilege?

Wow! I have learned to be loving, kind, giving, and even sacrificial with my family members through the years, but I had never really put this particular chapter with my family. Because I don't want to make this long and I feel the Lord has made His point, I will finish by saying what I felt He was speaking to me was to go ahead and have coffee with my husband that morning and talk for a while as well. He wanted me to see that His Spirit lives within my husband, and so when I spend time with my husband, I am also spending time with Him.

Because of the work that I do online and how lengthy the time and hours have become, I tend to hide out a lot in my office sometimes, beginning at 4:00 am and not coming out until 3:00 pm. Then of course, I am so tired I fall asleep and find that I haven't spent much time with my family at all. I work in time for Jesus. I work in time for the online ministry. I work in housework, shopping, etc., but working in family sometimes becomes difficult, so this was a reminder and a great help for me personally to see that although God does want me to set aside time for Him and to pray, decree, etc., He also wants my relationship with my family to be important. In fact, so important that if I am ignoring them or brushing them aside, they fall into the category of the least of these.

I am being transparent here not so that people judge me but so that those who may be falling into the same trap can see what My wonderful Father showed me and can possibly correct it in their own lives. Even in our homes and amongst our family members, God expects us to live by His word.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NLT

4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.


Sheryl York ðŸ•Š️

Visit my website

Comments

Popular Posts

My Second Eagle Dream - March 19, 2024

What the Lord showed me about 3I Atlas & 3 Kim Clement prophecies (Blog)

The Eagle Dream - November 14, 2022